Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Landscape or Portraits??

   Yay my second blog post! I'm really getting excited about this!Each day I'm learning new things in the world of  photography. Photography isn't all about the picture itself, I realized that I need to start editing my pictures, and not just editing them on Microsoft Office pictures. I did some research and found Gimp online and downloaded it for now. Being a beginner I figure I might as well try this out first before I really start investing some money into this. I'm starting to look at the local thrift stores for great props I can use for my pictures. If you have any ideas of different things I could get or a great place to look let me know!!! 

   I realized that I can buy a SLR with airmiles!! Unfortunately I'm 3000 short, and it takes forever to collect them. Hopefully they don't expire by the time I have enough.

   Here's some pictures I took this fall, some of them were on the way to Birds Hill Park.


My only problem so far is I'm not sure what type of photography I want to lean towards, I love taking pictures of people but landscape pictures are SO gorgeous.  




          




 


In the middle of this trip my batteries died so I had to stop at the nearest store and buy more, that was super inconvenient!! I think a battery charger is in order!





Like I said in my last blog my father in law has an SLR camera, SOOO he's going to borrow it to me this weekend to play around with to see how badly I want to upgrade. Such a bad idea! I should just deal with the camera I have and not know any nicer or better! I'm super excited to try it out though! 



No comments:

Post a Comment