Saturday, January 12, 2013

Camera Lust!!

 Oh boy, I've only had this DSLR for 2 hours and as a friend said earlier I have camera lust!! So what am I going to do about it? Ha! My Coolpix has been posted on kijiji 10 mins ago and I found an upgrade on kijiji. As much as I love my father in laws camera, I only get it for a week and learning how to shoot in Manual mode takes a whole lot longer than a week to figure out. And if I do get a new one maybe I can get good enough to have my own business.... AND maybe charge people for my photography. That's waay down the road though, dreams dreams! Using the camera in manual instead of auto is so hard! There's so many different things I need to learn, and the ISO and apeture are very confusing. I hope to be good enough that I can shoot in manual instead of auto all the time. I read in a blog that the first 1000 pictures on your new DSLR shot in manual are garbage, oh dear is that ever true! 78 pictures down, 922 left to ruin :)

 I'm thinking that with my new camera I'm going to have to take a course to use it to it's fullest capability. Any recommendations for good courses for total beginners? Whats your favorite online schools, or in Manitoba? How about Photoshop programs? There's a million Photoshop programs out there and their so confusing. This program that I downloaded, GIMP, is super intense. Not only is it intense I think its gumming up my computer, boo :( .    

1 comment: