Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Real Deal

Alrighty!! I'm now the proud new owner of a fantastic Nikon D3000! It came with a 18-55 mm lens and a 55-200 mm. I'm so set to go! Just need an external flash, but hey my pockets are only so deep and I can only play with so much at a time anyways. Took my first picture to add to my portfolio this morning. I saw a sparrow but the little bugger flew away before I could get close enough  for a picture.

I've been doing some intense reading about my camera, it's options, functions and all the tricks and tips. I got most of my info from Ken Rockwell at www.kenrockwell.com! He's got his setting suggestions and tells you why he sets things to those options.


 After spending an hour outside in minus 30 weather ( I joke not!) in waste deep snow I feel like I can say I'm pretty committed! All for maybe 4 decent pictures, grr. Oh well, after coming inside and my husband swiping the memory card and loading as fast as he can just to have a peek makes me wanna load up that memory card and march right back out there for more..... After some coffee maybe haha. The encouragement I get from my husband and father in law is wonderful! I'm so excited about this! I can't wait to get back out there.... Hmmm wonder what the weathers like tomorrow??










This is where the deepest snow was, I sure got a work out trudging through that!

2 comments:

  1. These are awesome. May have to get you to take some artsy pictures of my horse one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely I'm totally for that! Just key me know when?!? If l can use them for my portfolio haha.

    ReplyDelete